Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
Sound Updates For Linux 5.12 Include Intel Alder Lake P, Other New Hardware
The sound/audio highlights for the Linux 5.12 kernel include:
- Support for software jack injection for testing/debugging purposes.
- Support for the Pioneer DJM-750 DJ mixer.
- ASoC Intel driver Realtek codec updates and fixes.
- Support for Intel Alder Lake P hardware. The Alder Lake P support comes down to just needing a new PCI ID in the Intel Sound Open Firmware (SOF) driver. The Linux kernel and the sound code has already seen a lot of other Alder Lake work merge in recent cycles.
- The Ingenic JZ4760(B) found in some Android tablets and other devices is also now supported.
More details on these Linux 5.12 sound updates via this PR.