More Features Officially Approved For Fedora 24
The latest on Fedora 24 includes:
- They will approve skip-release upgrading as an officially supported upgrade method. This is where you would be skipping a release for an upgrade, going directly from say Fedora 22 to Fedora 24, rather than first having to stage a Fedora 23 upgrade.
- Cloud MOTD, Neuro Fedora SIG, Sugar 0.108, and Micro Bit are the latest approved Fedora self-contained features.
- The Fedora Astronomy spin has been rejected and is not being permitted in its current form of a new Fedora flavor just including already-available and packaged astronomy software.
- The Suds Jurko Fork packaging was approved.
- The new RPM Database format voting has been postponed to next week.
- Golang 1.6 has been approved for Fedora 24 for having the latest Go Language experience.