Progress On KDE Plasma Mobile From Randa 2017
At this annual KDE developer event in the Swiss mountains, some of the Plasma Mobile advancements worked on or reviewed included:
- Plasma Mobile images are now being assembled by the KDE Neon build system rather than the Plasma Mobile CI.
- Switching to Qt 5.9 rather than Qt 5.7.1.
- Root file-systems can now be built for (non-Nexus) Qualcomm phones that use a different hwcomposer header file.
- Marble Maps is now working out better on Plasma Mobile.
- A simpler QML-based Konsole terminal emulator is being worked on for mobile devices with their smaller screens.
- The Kirigami-based version of the Koko image viewer is working well on Plasma Mobile.
- Improved window switching.
- The Kube communication/collaboration client is beginning to work on Plasma Mobile.
More details and plenty of pictures of these latest Plasma Mobile advances via Bhushan Shah's blog.