GTK+ 3.0.0 Tool-Kit Officially Released!
Benefits of GTK+ 3.0 over GTK+ 2.x include:
- The usage of Cairo for drawing
- Better Mac OS X support
- More X11 agnostic (and supports Wayland)
- Drops DirectFB support
- Supports multiple GTK library back-ends
- Uses X Input 2
- More flexible geometry management
- There's a new CSS-based theme API
- Easy application support
- New widgets
You can read about GTK+ 3.0.0 in its release announcement and find it used throughout the GNOME 3.0 desktop, which will be released in early April.