Fedora 21 To Get A Playground, New Features
Following a big batch of new features that were approved by FESCo last week and in the previous weeks for Fedora 21, the latest round of approvals include:
- Adopt Your Cattle to convert a Fedora Cloud base image into a Fedora Server installation.
- A "Big Data" cloud image for Fedora for a base image with various extra packages catered towards big data purposes.
- Docker Container Image for running Fedora inside Docker.
- Packaging Jenkins for continuous integration testing.
- libzhuyin for Traditional Chinese input.
- Using ImageFactory for cloud image creation.
- SDDM as the KDE display manager in place of KDE's KDM.
- 64-bit ARM emulation on x86 hardware support through Fedora's virtualization stack for AArch64.
- /opt/fedora will be a registered direction with LANANA for Fedora Software Collections purposes.
- The Fedora 21 playground repository has been approved.
- Anaconda support for server roles got the go-ahead for Fedora 21.
- The Cockpit Management Console will likely make it into Fedora 21.
- TCL/TK 8.6 will be added.
- SCL as Software Collections atop RPM will be added.
- A smaller cloud image footprint was approved.
- Using license macros in RPMs was approved for the Fedora cloud image.
The set-back this week was the systemd remote journal logging that will have to undergo further review. Disabling the firwall by default was also rejected, among some other smaller proposals that will require additional work.