Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
Fedora 21 Gets GNOME 3.12, PHP 5.6, Mono 3.4
Some of these features were talked about earlier in the week with Fedora 21 Receives Another Helping Of Features and Fedora 21 Gets Proposals For Many More Features. The features were generally approved but the cron to systemd time units item was deferred until next week's FESCo meeting. The newly-approved features include:
- A framework for sever role deployment.
- Integrating Apache Ambari and Apache Accumulo.
- Packaging Boost 1.56 Uplift.
- GNOME 3.12 is officially approved while GNOME 3.14 for Fedora 21 will need to be raised separately.
- Mono 3.4 has been approved as a feature.
- PHP 5.6 will make it into Fedora 21.
- A database server role and domain controller server role.