digiKam 7.3 Brings Multi-Threaded Image Duplication Search, File Format Improvements
The digiKam 7.3 release came together over the past quarter and brings a number of enhancements including:
- Official support for ExifTool for dealing with image metadata information.
- Faster support for finding duplicate images by making it multi-threaded where as previously it was single threaded.
- DNG converter updates to improve support of modern RAW file features and digital negative targets.
- Better support for FITS Astro-Photo and MPO Multi-Picture file formats. Both FITS and MPO file formats are now considered fully supported.
- An export tool for exporting images to iNaturalist, a nature app.
More details on the changes to find with digiKam 7.3 via digiKam.org.