dav1d 1.1 Released With More AVX-512 Improvements
Dav1d v1.1 "Arctic Peregrine Falcon" was released a short time ago for continuing to enhance this speedy CPU-based AV1 video decoder. Most exciting with dav1d v1.1 is having yet more AVX-512 work.
The official release notes for dav1d v1.1 include:
- New function dav1d_get_frame_delay to query the decoder frame delay
- Numerous fixes for strict conformity to the specs and samples
- NEON and AVX-512 misc fixes and improvements
- Partial AVX2 12bpc transform implementations
- AVX-512 high bit-depth cdef_filter, loopfilter, itx
- NEON z1/z3 optimization for 8bpc
- SSSE3 z1 optimization for 8bpc
Dav1d 1.1 can be downloaded from code.videolan.org.
Speaking of dav1d and AVX-512, in case you missed it from a few days ago, some related reading/watching: FFmpeg Is Ripe For More AVX-512 Optimizations.