Show Your Support: Did you know that you can get Phoronix Premium for under $4 per month? Try it today to view our site ad-free, multi-page articles on a single page, and more while the proceeds allow us to write more Linux hardware reviews. At the very least, please disable your ad-blocker.
Solus 4.1 Released With Application Changes, ESYNC Support For Linux Gaming
Some of the changes with Solus 4.1 include:
- Rhythmbox is providing the default audio playback experience now on Solus aside from the KDE version using Elisa..
- Solus' Budgiet and GNOME spins are shipping with GNOME MPV for video playback while the MATE version ships with VLC and SMPlayer for video playback.
- The Linux 5.4.12 kernel is used by default for offering much better modern Linux hardware support. Mesa 19.3.2 also ensures good open-source driver coverage.
- Zstd is being used for compressing their SquashFS images. Using Zstandard leads to much quicker decompression times.
- Updated systemd to version 244.
- ESYNC kernel support for improving the Linux gaming experience.
- Many other package updates.
More details on Solus 4.1 at getsol.us.