OpenMandriva Lx 4.0 Is Approaching With DNF/RPM4, KDE Plasma 5.13, Linux 4.17~4.18
The OpenMandriva team has passed along some "summer news" concerning the upcoming OpenMandriva Lx 4.0. Highlights include:
- The use of RPM4 rather than RPM5 and also using the Fedora-led DNF package manager.
- It will ship with the Linux 4.17 or 4.18 kernel.
- LLVM Clang 7 and GCC 8.1 will be the available code compilers.
- The KDE Plasma 5.13 will be the default desktop along with Qt 5.11 and KDE Frameworks 5.47 components.
- LXQt 0.13 and Lumina 1.4 are among the desktop options for OpenMandriva Lx 4.0.
- Complete support for AArch64 and ARMv7HNL are new for the Lx 4.0 milestone.
- There is a work-in-progress port to RISC-V, but it likely won't be ready for the Lx 4.0 release.
More details can be found via the OpenMandriva blog.