Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
NetworkManager 1.38 Released For Improving Linux Network Management
NetworkManager 1.38 brings a variety of improvements over the prior release. Among the changes to find with NetworkManager 1.38 include:
- WiFi hotspots will now use a stable, random channel unless one is chosen manually.
- NetworkManager will stop advertising frequencies as supported that are outside the disallowed range of the configured regulatory domain.
- Support for the "throw" route type, similar to the blackhole / unreachable / prohibit route types.
- Static IPv6 addresses via ipv6.addresses is now preferred over addresses from DHCPv6. Static IPv6 addresses are also now interpreted with the first address being preferred.
- Veth devices with the name "eth*" are now managed by default in order to support the managing of the network in LXD containers.
- Fixes a bug around setting priority for IP addresses.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.
Downloads and more details on NetworkManager 1.38 via the FreeDesktop.org GitLab.