KDE Prepares Smarter KRunner, Steam Scaling Better Under Plasma Wayland
Kicking off November continued to be a mix of new feature work, various bug fixes, launching a new "KDE For Creators" website, and other enhancements for this open-source desktop environment. Some of this week's specific highlights include:
- KRunner is now much smarter with its search results. The changes range from being much smarter about times to system settings page names having higher weight and other enhancements.
- Gwenview can now control an image's brightness, contrast, and gamma.
- All of the global volume settings have been moved into the system settings audio volume page.
- Hitting the Esc key while on the lock screen will now turn off the screen.
- Krita now supports using a global menu.
- LibreSwan VPN detection now works along with better detection for StrongSwan and OpenSwan VPNs.
- Steam and other XWayland-using apps on Plasma Wayland will now be scaled correctly when using the default setting of "legacy apps can scale themselves."
More details on this week's KDE changes via Nate's blog.