Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
GIMP 2.10.30 Released With Better Adobe PSD Support, Improved Portals Integration
GIMP 2.10.30 is primarily a maintenance/bug-fix release but does carry some improvements worth noting. GIMP 2.10.30 includes changes such as:
- Various improvements to the Adobe Photoshop (PSD) file handling.
- AVIF exporting from GIMP now favors using the AOM AV1 encoder.
- For platforms like Linux using FreeDesktop.org Portals for sandboxing there are improvements there, including transitioning of the screenshot plug-in to using the FreeDesktop API as the GNOME/KDE-specific APIs are being restricted in GNOME Shell 41 and KDE Plasma 5.20.
- Metadata support improvements.
- The text tool will no longer follow the sub-pixel font rendering behavior of the system settings.
Downloads and more information on GIMP 2.10.30 over on GIMP.org.