Libinput 1.16 Will Warn You If Your System Is Too Slow
Libinput 1.16 has been baking a while due to no pressing features that needed to be shipped right away and seeing a number of 1.15.x point releases. Coming with this new series for libinput are:
- Monitoring of timestamps compared to when the libinput dispatch function is called by the compositor. If the difference is too large that it could result in issues for input processing, a new warning is displayed in the log that the event processing is lagging behind and the system is "too slow."
- Touchpads now support the "flat" acceleration profile for having the acceleration factor be constant regardless of velocity.
- Filtering of unreliable lid or tablet-mode switching.
- A new libinput analyze tool for debugging various aspects of the input device.
- Various other libinput tooling updates.
- Many fixes, device-specific quirk additions, and more.
More details via the libinput 1.15.901 announcement. Libinput 1.16.0 is expected to be out in the near future once seeing additional testing / release candidates.