Show Your Support: Did you know that the hundreds of articles written on Phoronix each month are mostly authored by one individual? Phoronix.com doesn't have a whole news room with unlimited resources and relies upon people reading our content without blocking ads and alternatively by people subscribing to Phoronix Premium for our ad-free service with other extra features.
KDE's Development Focus Ahead Of The Holidays Has Been About Better Usability
Among the changes that landed over the course of this past week include:
- Support for meetings/screencasts using WebRTC will now work in the KDE Plasma Wayland session with Plasma 5.20.5. The issue stems from needing to support the BGRx format for backwards compatibility with WebRTC within the screencast code.
- The Elisa music player finally gained the ability to "repeat current track".
- Elisa also no longer spikes Plasma's CPU usage while playing music.
- Elisa's configuration UI has been overhauled.
- New default shortcuts for moving the active window to another virtual kedesktop (Meta + Ctrl + Shift + Arrow Keys) or to another screen (Meta + Shift + Arrow Keys).
- With Plasma 5.21, after manually mounting a removable disk the first time it will be automatically auto-mounted all subsequent times the removable disk is attached.
- Various other fixes and enhancements, mostly around usability.
More details on these weekly changes for KDE via Nate's blog.