KDE Makes It Easy To Now Remap Extra Mouse Buttons, Discover Keeps Getting Better
Highlights for this week in the KDE space include:
- KDE can now re-bind the buttons of your multi-button mouse. This change to re-bind extra mouse buttons is coming for Plasma 5.26 so they can be assigned to arbitrary key combinations that will cause a synthetic key event when pressed. From the KDE System Settings area is where additional buttons can be rebound.
- The Kate text editor now has a keyboard macro feature.
- The Discover software center now has a tunable to choose the frequency that users are notified of new updates whether it be daily / weekly / monthly / never.
- The app selection dialog for sandboxed/Portal-based apps now has a much better keyboard navigation setup.
- Discover's "Updates" page now shows correct version information around firmware updates.
- Discover's screenshots now support animated images.
- Kate and other KTextEditor-using programs now support various mouse-based methods of adding more cursors for multi-cursor functionality.
- Various other bug fixes.
More details on this week's KDE excitement over on Nate's blog.