KDE Ends Out October With More Plasma 6.0 Planning, Plasma Wayland Fixes
KDE developer Nate Graham is out with his usual weekly summary that outlines all of the notable KDE developments for the past week. Some of the significant KDE work this week includes:
- A lot of visual design improvements (and plans) for KDE Plasma 6. With Plasma 5.27 to be the last of the Plasma 5 series, KDE developers are busy planning for Plasma 6. While porting over to the Qt6 tool-kit, they are trying to avoid big architectural changes but there will be UI improvements and other new features coming to Plasma 6.0.
- The Dolphin 22.12 file manager will allow reverting back to its old list view behavior for those not liking its recently changed list view.
- A brand new homepage design for KDE Discover.
- Fixing the presentation for portalized dialogs under Plasma X11 so they show the right theme and colors.
- The new portalized Kirigami-based app chooser dialog has seen a few improvements.
- "Massively improved" the appearance of list views and list section headers throughout KDE software.
- The "flat" acceleration profile under KDE Plasma Wayland now works properly.
- Fixing a recent X11 session regression that caused maximized windows not to maximize properly when using scaling.
- Various fixes for Firefox on Plasma Wayland.
More details on these end of October changes via Nate's blog.