Firewalld 1.3 Released With Easier Firewall Management For More Services
Firewalld 1,3 adds a "--reset-to-defaults" option to reset the firewall to its default settings / clean state as one of the few core changes for the new version. Firewalld's D-Bus interface has added the "reset to defaults" support too.
Meanwhile new services for easy management with Firewalld 1.3 include:
- Linux Mint's Warpinator file sharing app now has a service file for opening the proper TCP/UDP ports.
- Bareos services of bareos-directory, bareos-filedaemon, and bareos-storage. These Bareos services are for the "Backup Archiving Recovery Open-Sourced" software.
- A Nebula service file for that scalable overlay networking tool.
- The Ceph Prometheus exporter has a service file for running on Ceph manager for exposing metrics.
- Service definition file for the Open Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) used by various applications.
- A service file for the LLMNR client for Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) of IPv4 and IPc6 LAN hosts to name resolution.
- A ps2link service as the protocol used for interacting with Sony PlayStation 2 services.
- A Syncthing Relay service has been added for that peer-to-peer file synchronization service.
Downloads and more details on Firewalld 1.3 via GitHub.