Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
Blender 2.90 Released With Intel Embree Usage, Broader NVIDIA OptiX Support
Blender 2.90 comes with many improvements including the likes of:
- Intel's open-source Embree is now used for ray-tracing on CPUs, offering better performance.
- Intel Open Image Denoise is now used more widely.
- NVIDIA OptiX support is now available on all NVIDIA GPUs from Maxwell and newer where as previously it just worked on RTX GPUs.
- NVIDIA NVLink support for CUDA and OptiX.
- Cloth filter work.
- Redesigned automasking.
- Better posh brush.
- Many other changes throughout.
More details on Blender 2.90 via Blender.org. New Blender benchmarks coming up shortly.