Raspbian Update Released With Pi 3 Bluetooth UI, SD Card Copier
Highlights of this Raspbian OS update include:
- A custom Bluetooth plugin for the LXDE panel to make it easy to manage Bluetooth devices on the Pi 3, since none of the existing plugins were deemed effective for Raspbian purposes.
- Bluetooth audio is now supported.
- There is a SD card copier GUI program to make backups easier.
- The pigpio library was added for making it easier to deal with the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins from C, Python, and other programming languages.
- The Geany text editor is now bundled with Raspbian.
- Various other application updates.
- The used kernel is now derived from Linux 4.4.
- Other tweaks and fixes.
More details on this Raspbian update can be found via the RaspberryPi.org blog.