Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
UDS-P: Automated Testing, Benchmarking, Wayland
Information on the Ubuntu Developet Summit can be found at uds.ubuntu.com. The schedule is beginning to get filled up with the event kicking off next week Monday and running through Friday. I'll be in Orlando from this Friday through next week Saturday, but there's also remote participation available via IRC and the web-based session notes.
Most of the UDS sessions I'll be at are obviously surrounding X.Org/Wayland, the Linux kernel, and Canonical's automated testing / QA / benchmarking efforts. Below is a list of the sessions I'm likely to be at, and will obviously pass along any interesting information from these sessions either on Phoronix or via @MichaelLarabel on Twitter.
- Hardware Certification Roundtable
- Hybrid Graphics Support Strategy Planning
- State of Ubuntu Automated QA
- Improving automated certification testing of kernel SRUs
- Systemd / PackageKit integration
- Piloting a new test case management tool
- Ubuntu Kernel Roundtable
- Standard SRU Testing
- Meet with the Ubuntu Desktop Designers
- Improve community kernel SRU testing
- Wayland Tech Preview
- Thunderbird Enhancements
- QA automation testing on Bare Metal
- Identify build breaks on daily ISOs
- Power consumption
- KVM Plans
- 12.04 Release Planning
- Improve certification test suite and processes for self-testing
- Mozilla upgrade experience
- ARM Server Benchmarking and Performance
- QA Regression Testing codebase improvement and future development
- eCryptfs status and future
- Server Workloads Performance-to-Power Consumption Testing
- Boot Speed
- Ubuntu Friendly Roundtable
- PHP 5.4 for Ubuntu 12.04
- Video Playback
- Automated Complex Server Deployment Testing
- Standard SRU testing (everything but kernel)
- Desktop boot speed
- Multi-Monitor Support
I'll also be at the evening events throughout the week. On Wednesday night is also the "Testing in Ubuntu" pizza and beer event. Right now I am on the schedule to give a talk about the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org stack. However, due to the limited time available, I might end up opting from that or just quickly talking about some of the exciting future stuff.
If anyone would like to discuss the Phoronix Test Suite, OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix, or anything else, let me know (email or Twitter for advance arrangements). Or just find me as I'll be around from this Friday afternoon to next Saturday morning. Of course, like many Linux events, if you don't know me just look for the lederhosens and toe shoes. (The weather in Florida should be great and lederhosens are just irresistibly comfortable and with being unique and no maintenance/washing required, they're most wonderful when travelling.)
Find out more about the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Developer Summit at uds.ubuntu.com. See you in Orlando!