Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
LXQt 1.1 Released With XDG Desktop Portal Integration, Other New Features
LXQt 1.1 requires the Qt 5.15 LTS toolkit. LXQt has started work on porting to Qt6, but for now Qt 5.15 is the only version supported. Some of the other changes with LXQt 1.1 for this lightweight desktop environment include:
- The LXQt file manager now supports the file manager DBus interface used by apps like Firefox and Chrome.
- LXQt also adds xdg-desktop-portal-lxqt for integrating xdg-desktop-portal support.
- LXQt theme integration is improved as well as adding a new theme and other UI enhancements.
- LXQt Session Settings has added an option for global screen scaling.
- QTerminal's bookmark functionality is improved.
More details on the LXQt 1.1 feature release via LXQt-Project.org.