Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
LXQt 0.16 Released For Lightweight Qt Linux Desktop
LXQt is the lightweight desktop environment that was born out of the merging of the LXDE and Razor-qt projects several years ago. LXQt 0.16 is the new release and coming six months after their prior release.
There aren't many big changes with LXQt 0.16 but a lot of minor items including:
- New options added to LibFM-Qt / PCManFM-Qt.
- LXQt configuration improvements.
- Support in LXQt Power Management for being able to customize the power, suspend, and hibernation keys.
- LXImage Qt now supports resizing images as well as supporting more image types.
- LXQt Archiver now properly opens and extracts RPM packages.
- Better configuration/handling for the default email client, file manager, and web browser selections.
- Three new themes were added of Clearlooks, Leech, and Kvantum.
More details on the LXQt 0.16 release today via GitHub.