Show Your Support: Did you know that the hundreds of articles written on Phoronix each month are mostly authored by one individual? Phoronix.com doesn't have a whole news room with unlimited resources and relies upon people reading our content without blocking ads and alternatively by people subscribing to Phoronix Premium for our ad-free service with other extra features.
KDE Starts April With Many Fixes, KWrite Internally Using The Same Code As Kate
KDE developer Nate Graham is out with his usual weekly summart of all the changes to take place this past week for the open-source desktop. Among the highlights this week are:
- KWrite now internally uses the "exact same" code-base as the Kate text editor. However, KWrite simply turns off a lot of programmer-centric features. This revamped KWrite will be introduced for version 22.08.
- Many improvements to KDE Plasma's Tablet Mode to enhance the touch friendliness of the desktop and other improvements to ease tablet use.
- KDE Plasma 5.24.4 restores support for being able to power off monitors in multi-monitor setups when disabling them.
- KIO-FUSE support for open/save dialogs within sandboxed apps for accessing Samba shares and similar network locations.
- Many different UI improvements/fixes.
Head on over to Nate's blog to learn more about these changes.