Show Your Support: Did you know that the hundreds of articles written on Phoronix each month are mostly authored by one individual? Phoronix.com doesn't have a whole news room with unlimited resources and relies upon people reading our content without blocking ads and alternatively by people subscribing to Phoronix Premium for our ad-free service with other extra features.
KDE Plasma 5.22 Adds Adaptive Opacity + Will Avoid Useless Rendering When Screen Is Off
Some of the KDE improvements for the past week that were noted in Nate Graham's weekly development summary include:
- The KDE Plasma desktop now supports an adaptive panel opacity. The panel and panel applets are more transparent and most will agree should make the desktop look better in Plasma 5.22.
- Kate can now automatically preserve and restore unsaved files when quit and re-launched.
- Elisa can consume less RAM, among other improvements to this music player.
- Restoring support for the Flickr picture-of-the-day wallpaper.
- Various GTK integration improvements for Plasma 5.21.3.
- Plasma 5.22 will stop wasting CPU/GPU resources drawing unrendered components when the screen is turned off.
More details on this week's KDE improvements via Nate's blog.