Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
KDE Finally Has Support For Configuring The Scroll Speed On Wayland
KDE this week saw fixes and improvements including:
- Support for configuring the scrolling speed for mice and touchpads on Wayland with libinput.
- Support for searching with Baloo based on file creation dates and photo exposure times.
- Dolphin's terminal panel while browsing a remote location will finally work, assuming kio-fuse is present.
- Support for connecting to Samba shares on a workgroup having a space in the name.
- Gwenview no longer hangs when viewing a folder with a large number of images and is now also more performant in such conditions.
- Hot-plugging displays using a docking station on Wayland is now working for Plasma 5.19.
More details on this work via this blog post by KDE developer Nate Graham.