Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
Plasma 5.23 Picking Up Latest Breeze Evolution Style, SDDM Lands Native Wayland Support
Some of the KDE changes that landed this week on top of shipping Plasma 5.22.0 include:
- The next iteration of Breeze Evolution was merged that provides new buttons, menu items, checkboxes, radio buttons, sliders, and other updated UI widgets. This updated style fixes various issues with the existing style and will ultimately debut in Plasma 5.23.
- Dolphin 21.08 takes care of a data leak when thumbnailing images/files on encrypted locations by showing the thumbnails but no longer caching them to disk.
- The Kate text editor's Language Server Protocol (LSP) now supports the Dart programming language.
- The SDDM log-in/display manager can now be run as native Wayland without relying on X11.
- Plasma 5.22.1 with Wayland will now detect additional screens when using a multi-GPU setup.
More details on this week's KDE excitements via this blog post by KDE developer Nate Graham.