Haiku Had A Very Busy March Improving Hardware Support & More
The Haiku crew recently published their March status report highlighting all of the accomplishments for the month prior from hardware driver improvements to work on application and UI-level enhancements to other changes. Among their March 2022 efforts on Haiku OS included:
- Work on VESA BIOS live-patching to extend the number of resolutions available without resorting to per-hardware drivers has landed. This is working reliably on Intel hardware at least and should help provide a broader range of supported resolutions for pre-(U)EFI hardware.
- Fixes to the recently-added USB support relying on the FreeBSD compatibility layer.
- Support for 64-bit PCI addresses added to the Intel and AMD Radeon graphics drivers.
- Basic Intel Jasper Lake support.
- Very basic Intel Tiger Lake support added to the Intel graphics driver.
- The work around 32-bit EFI support on x86 systems is now "mostly" merged.
More details on all of the Haiku accomplishments for March via the Haiku-OS.org blog.