Phoronix Test Suite By The Numbers After Eight Years, Millions Of Benchmarks Run
In addition to Phoronix turning 12 years old yesterday, 5 June marked the Phoronix Test Suite turning eight years old since its version 1.0 release.
In marking eight years of PTS, here are some various statistics:
- 28 major releases/updates were done to the Phoronix Test Suite in the past eight years, with generally doing a major release on a quarterly basis while some of the x.0 releases were stretched out to a half-year.
- There are more than 800 test profiles and test suites written for the Phoronix Test Suite and available to the community.
- Thousands of companies rely upon the Phoronix Test Suite on a daily basis, including many Fortune 500 companies and most common IHVs and ISVs.
- More than 711,000 public reference benchmarks have been done so far on the LinuxBenchmarking.com farm setup less than two years ago and powered by the Phoronix Test Suite's Phoromatic.
OpenBenchmarking.org has been an integral part of the Phoronix Test Suite since version 3.0-Iveland. Some numbers collected there include:
- More than 1.08 million benchmark results have been shared by independent users on OpenBenchmarking.org.
- 7.6 million searches have been carried out on OpenBenchmarking.org.
- More than 18.4 million test profiles and suites were downloaded from OpenBenchmarking.org.
Looking ahead, before Phoronix Test Suite turns nine I am still hoping to roll out many more innovative OpenBenchmarking.org features later in the year as well as some rather fun Phoronix Test Suite updates.
Keep on benchmarking!