LibreOffice 7.5 Alpha Released For Testing - Better Dark & High Contrast Theme Support
LibreOffice 7.5 Alpha 1 is available for testing after its development code has seen nearly five thousand commits and more than 750 bug fixes. This is another hearty, half-year update coming to this open-source and cross-platform office suite.
LibreOffice 7.5 continues advancing as the leading free software office suite. Among the changes that have built up for LibreOffice 7.5 include:
- LibreOffice's support for dark and high contrast operating system themes has been greatly improved. This dark and high contrast theme work helps LibreOffice across Linux, macOS, and Windows platforms.
- Support for rotate and zoom gestures when using touchpads.
- Support for font embedded on macOS.
- Various fixes to the text layout handling and edit engine.
- LibreOffice's PDF exporting filter has added support for embedding color fonts using color layers and color bitmaps, such as for emojis. There is also PDF support for embedding variable fonts and applying font variations to glyph shapes.
- LibreOffice 7.5's Writer (word processor) added a new plain text type content control.
- Various bookmark improvements for Writer.
- LibreOffice Impress now supports cropped video for media shapes.
- A new set of default table types for Impress and Draw.
Downloads and more information on the LibreOffice 7.5 Alpha 1 release is available from the QA blog. See the work-in-progress release notes for all of the feature work that's been building up for the LibreOffice 7.5 release in February.