KDE Welcomes Ghostwriter To Its Collection Of Apps
KDE has seen a lot of fixes and improvements as the Plasma 5.26 desktop gets ready for release in the coming days as well as a lot of other happenings in the KDE world as we swing into autumn.
- Ghostwriter is a new KDE application. KDE Ghostwriter is a writing application that is focused on "a distraction-free writing experience" that supports Markdown, a full-screen writing mode, themes, and more. Ghostwriter has been in the works since 2015. Learn more about Ghostwriter via ghostwriter.kde.org.
- The Ark archiver now supports dealing with ARJ archives.
- Kate and KWrite feature a new "welcome window" when launching the apps without any files open.
- The slide desktops effect animation has been made a bit faster.
- During Bluetooth file transfers there is more details on the file transfer progress.
- Under Plasma X11 when disabling compositing due to repeated graphical crashes, KWin will now periodically recheck to see if it's better to restore the compositing.
- Many other bug fixes.
More details on all of this interesting work via Nate's blog.