Flatpak 1.14 Released With Improvements For Sandboxed Linux Apps
Flatpak 1.14 brings a variety of mostly small and lower-level improvements to this Linux app sandboxing tech:
- Flatpak commands supporting the "--user" option now allow an alias of "-u" as well.
- The command-line interface now properly informs the user of the apps that are using end-of-life run-time extensions.
- Flatpak's uninstall command now asks for confirmation before removing in-use run-times or run-time extensions.
- Allowing sub-sandboxes to own MPRIS names on the session bus.
- Fixing a possible memory corruption issue.
- The SELinux policy has been updated to cover symbolic links within /var/lib/flatpak.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.
Downloads and more details on the Flatpak 1.14 update via GitHub.