ARM SoC & Platform Updates Mailed In For The Linux 4.4 Kernel
Highlights of the six pull requests include:
- A driver to communicate with firmware on the Raspberry Pi.
- A driver for the ARM SCPI - System Control Processor. Olof Johansson explained, "SCPI is used to communicate with the assistant embedded cores doing power management, and we have yet to see how many of them will implement this for their hardware vs abstracting in other ways (or not at all like in the past)."
- Rockchip support for power domains.
- CPU hotplug support for Marvell berlin.
- Suspend and resume support for the Freescale i.MX6UL.
- Allwinner support for the R8 chipset, which is used on the $9 C.H.I.P. board.
- SMP support for some Mediatek platforms.
This new work is on top of the separate pulls for 64-bit ARM architecture updates and better ARM64 EFI support -- plus the many other features of Linux 4.4.