It's A Week Until 2.0 Sandtorg Is Released
Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 Beta 3 was released last week, but due to some last minute enhancements, fixes, and other work (particularly related to PTS Desktop Live), there is a fourth beta that we have just tagged in Git and 2.0.0b4 release packages can be found on the download page.
As part of our ongoing work with our new Live DVD/USB benchmarking distribution, Phoronix Test Suite 2.0.0 Beta 4 brings a few fixes and improvements to the GTK2 GUI when it comes to interacting with Phoronix Global and some other small details. There are also some small changes in Beta 4 to no longer require trailing slashes on the directories in the user-config.xml file and some hardware-related fixes with Phodevi. A few test profiles were also updated with Phoronix Test Suite 2.0.0 Beta 4 along with the Phoronix Test Suite documentation.
Be sure to help us by trying out this last development release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 (you can also help us in other ways). Stay tuned to Phoronix tomorrow for information on PTS Desktop Live 2009.3 "Gernlinden" and to see just how easy it can be to benchmark computer hardware on Linux.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.0.0 Beta 4
July 28, 2009
- pts-core: For the "all" virtual suite, don't include tests that have a ResultFormat of NO_RESULT, PASS_FAIL, or MULTI_PASS_FAIL
- pts-core: Clean-up pts_test_file_download object
- pts-core: For GTK2 GUI change around event reporting for test installation
- pts-core: Don't require trailing slash for user-config.xml paths
- pts-core: Properly handle test profiles with no files to be downloaded in pts_test_download_files_locally_available()
- pts-core: When using run-test in a batch mode and automated mode, but batch-setup hasn't been run, don't output an error
- pts-core: Few fixes for Phoronix Global comparisons from GTK2 GUI interface
- pts-core: Don't list test results when they are just the reference system comparison IDs from Phoronix Global
- phodevi: Fix regression that caused system and CPU temperatures to not be reported through LM_Sensors interface
- phodevi: Don't report disk size on hard disk identifier string when size equals 1GB, since that would be due to incorrect size
- pts: Fix prey test profile bug in key location detection for key test profile by using $DEBUG_REAL_HOME in test install script
- pts: Update boost packages for ubuntu-packages.xml external dependencies
- pts: For vdrift test profile, don't grab the mouse
- pts: Add glut as an external dependency to supertuxkart test profile
- pts: Update compress-pbzip2 test profile to use 256MB compression file
- documentation: Add Frequently Asked Questions
- documentation: Add PTS Desktop Live
- documentation: Few small updates