Show Your Support: Did you know that you can get Phoronix Premium for under $4 per month? Try it today to view our site ad-free, multi-page articles on a single page, and more while the proceeds allow us to write more Linux hardware reviews. At the very least, please disable your ad-blocker.
Meson v0.60 Build System Brings Numerous Improvements
Meson 0.60 brings a wide variety of updates, some of the highlights with Meson 0.60 include:
- Static linking is now more efficient for uninstalled libraries.
- A Java module has been added to Meson that can generate native header files directly.
- Improvements to the Rustc compiler support, including warning levels, Werror support, and more.
- Meson's Cython support now allows transpiling to C++ as an intermediate language where up to now only C was allowed as an intermediate language.
- Unknown options passed to Meson are now always treated as fatal errors.
- The MSVC compiler support now assumes UTF-8 source code by default.
- Meson's Python module adds support for being able to control where modules are installed by overriding the Python installation paths.
Meson 0.60 can be downloaded from GitHub. More information on the changes to find with Meson 0.60 via MesonBuild.com.