Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
Intel Updates Roadmap For Arc Graphics, Sapphire Rapids, Falcon Shores
Highlights of today's public roadmap update include:
- Intel plans to have Arc Graphics "Alchemist" graphics cards for desktops in Q2 while workstation discrete graphics cards are expected in Q3.
- Architecture work has already begun for Celestial, their planned ultra-enthusiast offering.
- Sapphire Rapids Xeon processors with HBM memory are said to deliver a 2.8x generational improvement over Xeon 3rd Gen Ice Lake Sapphire Rapids with HBM for CFD is said to be 2.8x faster than "competing solutions".
- Ponte Vecchio is on track for delivering for the Aurora supercomputer later this year.
- Arctic Sound M will have a hardware-based AV1 video encoder.
- Falcon Shores is a new architecture bringing x86 and Xe Graphics together in a single socket. Falcon Shores is expected for 2024 with a 5x performance-per-Watt improvement, 5x greater compute density, and 5x memory capacity and bandwidth improvement.
More details on today's announcements at Intel.com.