Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
Phoronix Test Suite 9.6 Released With Many Benchmark Result Viewer Improvements
Most notable with this Q2'2020 update is Phoronix Test Suite 9.6 having a large number of improvements to its modern benchmark result viewer that was originally introduced in Phoronix Test Suite 9.0.
Among the enhancements with v9.6 include:
- The ability to view the system logs from within the result viewer itself for increased transparency.
- Support for showing test descriptions and other meta-data inline within the result viewer and also presenting test profile and test suite information.
- New options for hiding noisy results, hiding results with little change/spread between runs, only showing runs where X is faster than Y,.presenting geometric means on a per-suite/category basis, etc.
- The ability to limit showing of results within large result files to given suites/categories/subsystems.
- Support for showing per-thread/core/clock/RAM graphs within the result viewer as complementary metrics.
- The ability to delete individual results within the result viewer.
- An improved print view / PDF export from the web browser.
- The ability to temporarily "hide" individual results from being displayed when rendering the graphs and tables.
- Support for generating performance-per-dollar metrics within the result viewer rather than needing to use the command-line.
Additionally with Phoronix Test Suite 9.6 are:
- Various BSD improvements.
- A new phoronix-test-suite analyze-run-times [result-file] command for analyzing test run times.
- A new phoronix-test-suite workload-topology [result-file] command for showing the different subsystems being stressed by the tests within a given result file.
- Support for saving phoronix-test-suite stress-run output.
- Various CSV export improvements.
- External dependency updates.
Phoronix Test Suite 9.6 for Linux / Windows / macOS / Solaris / BSD can be downloaded from GitHub.
If you enjoy the daily Phoronix benchmarking, consider showing your support during COVID-19 due to the impact it's had on the web advertising industry and our resources.