Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
The Small DRM Drivers See Another Round Of Updates For Linux 5.9
DRM-Misc-Next is where core DRM subsystem changes tend to be sent in from as well as for the channel for smaller Direct Rendering Manager driver changes like the various embedded display drivers. The latest DRM-Misc-Next pull brings:
- Amlogic frame-buffer compression support has been added to Meson and FourCC code.
- Support for larger cursors within the virtual KMS (VKMS) driver. Rather than just up to 64x64, the VKMS driver can now support cursors up to 512x215 if so desired.
- Fixed run-time power management within the STM DRM driver.
- Handling of multiple DispID extension blocks within monitor EDID data. An uncommon situation but apparently some hardware out there is using multiple DispID blocks.
- Many other minor fixes to the different small, mostly embedded, Direct Rendering Manager drivers.
More details on these less prominent DRM subsystem changes for Linux 5.9 via this pull request.