SilverStone Fortress FT04
When it comes to hardware reviews after reviewing CPUs, GPUs, and SSDs under Linux, one of my personal favorites is always looking at SilverStone's latest and greatest computer cases. While their enclosures have nothing to do with the operating system, so many of their designs are incredible and innovative that they're always fun checking out. The latest ATX enclosure I've had the honor of looking at is the SilverStone Fortress FT04.
The SilverStone FT04 lives on in the Fortress tradition of delivering incredible cooling performance while maintaining silence. The intake fans on this beauty are the 180mm Air Penetrators for pushing massive amounts of air while there's noise absorption pads and other enhancements for maintaining a quiet environment.
- 2 x 5.25-inch External Drive Bays
- 7 x 3.5-inch Internal Drive Bays (2 Hot-Swappable)
- 4 x 2.5-inch Internal Drive Bays
- 2 x AP182 180mm Intake Fans, 1 x 120mm Rear Fan Slot
- Quick Access Fan Filters
- 8 Expansion Slots
- 2 x USB 3.0, Audio & Microphone Connectivity
- Compatible up to 13.3-inch Log Graphics Cards
- 11.5 Kilograms Net Weight
- 219 x 546 x 482 mm
- Removable Motherboard Tray
- SSI-EEB, SSI-CEB, Extended ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX Motherboard Compatibility
- Foam Padded Interior
- Built-In Holder For CPU Coolers & Graphics Cards
As with SilverStone's other high-end enclosures, the Fortress FT04 was well packaged and arrived in pristine condition. Included with the Fortress FT04 was all the necessary mounting hardware needed for assembly. The case ships with two SilverStone Air Penetrator AP182 180mm fans for intake airflow on the front of the chassis while it doesn't include any exhaust fan. The FT04 also includes a single SilverStone CP05 SATA HDD hot-swappable adapter while more hot-swappable adapters will need to be purchased separately. The SilverStone Fortress FT04 is sold in four versions of black and silver and the option of with or without a side panel window. The review sample we received from SilverStone was the SST-FT04B-W, the black windowed model.