Hiper Type-M 780W
Back in 2005 we had looked at the Hiper Type-R Modular 580W power supply. This was a unique power supply that had a modular cable design and had performed very well. Even the Type-R's packaging was unique, with the power supply arriving in a plastic toolbox. We haven't looked at a Hiper power supply now in almost three years, but today we are looking at the Type-M 780W from Hiper Group. This power supply is dual-GPU ready (including compatibility with PCI-E 8-pin connectors), utilizes active PFC, and has four +12V rails.
- PCI Express 8-pin compatible
- NVIDIA SLI Ready certified up to dual GeForce 8800GTX
- 4 x independent 12V rails
- Complies with latest ATX12V v2.2/EPS12V v2.91 form factors
- Fully compatible with AMD 64-bit and Intel LGA processors
- Active PFC
- Gold plated connectors
- PCI-E, SATA, Molex with EZ-Grip, floppy, P4, and P8 connectors
- Modular power cord (European model only)
- 20 dB(A) under normal load
The Type-M 780W hadn't arrived in a plastic toolbox like the older Type-R, but its product packaging was just the conventional cardboard box. Inside this cardboard box was the power supply with two blocks of Styrofoam on the ends for shipping protection. Included with the 780W power supply was the user's manual, mounting screws, US power cable, and some extension cables. The Type-M 780W isn't a modular design, but included with the unit are a few extension/adapter cables. The idea behind these extension cables are to provide only the cables a normal PC user would utilize while making all of the less-popular connectors (such as for the floppy disk drive) available via an extension. For those environmentalists, you will be pleased to know that Hiper's packaging has been made out of recycled paper.