Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
Chrome 88 Released With Security Fixes, Adobe Flash Removed
Some of the key highlights of Chrome 88 include:
- 36 security fixes, including for a critical issue over insufficient policy enforcement in Cryptohome. There are also many security issues resolved that were considered high priority.
- Adobe Flash Player support has been completely cleared out now that Adobe Flash is end-of-life upstream.
- The target="_blank" behavior now implies rel="noopener" by default for security purposes.
- CSS aspect-ratio property support as well as support for "hyphens: auto" mode.
- Various WebXR improvements like lighting estimation and dynamic viewport scaling.
- Support for FTP has been completely removed from Google Chrome following its earlier deprecation.
See more information via the Chrome releases blog.