Show Your Support: Have you heard of Phoronix Premium? It's what complements advertisements on this site for our premium ad-free service. For less than $4 USD per month, you can help support our site while the funds generated allow us to keep doing Linux hardware reviews, performance benchmarking, maintain our community forums, and much more.
Last month we looked at the ALiveNF7G-HDReady from ASRock, which was a great budget motherboard that had integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7050 graphics that made it suitable for an HTPC or multimedia setup and it came topped with Gigabit LAN support and IEEE-1394 Firewire. We are back with ASRock today as we look at their ConRoe1333-DVI/H motherboard. ASRock's ConRoe1333-DVI/H is based on Intel's 945G Chipset and is compatible with Intel 1333MHz Core 2 Duo processors, uses GMA 950 graphics, and is home to many more features.
· LGA-775 for Intel Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo
/ Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron / Celeron D CPUs
· Intel 945G/945GC A2 Chipsets
· Compatible with all FSB 1333/1066/800/533MHz CPUs except Quad Core
· Supports Dual Channel DDR2-667/533 x 4 DIMM slots with maximum capacity up to 4GB
· Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, DirectX 9.0 and maximum shared memory 224MB
· 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
· Hybrid Booster - Safe Overclocking Technology
· Untied Overclocking
· Dual VGA Output: support D-Sub and DVI-D ports with DVI Graphics-HDCP
· Supports HDCP function with DVI Graphics-HDCP card
· Supports PCI-E Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
· 4 x Serial ATA 2.0 3.0 Gb/s connectors
· 7.1 channel Windows Vista Premium Level HD Audio (ALC888 Audio Codec)
· Windows Vista Premium 2007 Logo Ready
The ASRock ConRoe1333-DVI/H had arrived in the usual ASRock product packaging with a cardboard divider separating the motherboard from the rest of the contents. Included with this Intel 945G motherboard was one Serial ATA data cable, I/O panel, Serial ATA power adapter, ASRock driver CD, ASRock user manual, ribbon FDD cable, ribbon IDE cable, COM expansion slot adapter, and the ASRock DVI HDCP graphics adapter. Due to the lack of room on the motherboard's I/O panel, the DVI port for the integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics was moved to an add-in PCB card. A VGA D-Sub connector is present on the I/O panel while the DVI adapter offers HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support.