Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi again.
    I ended compiling, opening a bug and tracking for the the commit that caused it.
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=100189

The gallium i915 is unmantained and in deprecation period.
    In my eeepc 1005p lubuntu 16.04 when I install drivers from the Oibaf repo this driver installs as default and the one in the alternative folder is different (can't use it with the last version of Blender) that the one I get when compiling:

Oibaf
    LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Pineview M
    OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 17.1.0-devel

Compiled
    LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/home/javi/lib.106a514/ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Pineview M
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 17.1.0-devel (git-106a514)

Comment

• Thanks, I'll have a look, likely making classic driver the default as soon as i have time (weeks).

Comment

• H.L. was very helpful and sent me a patch adding vulkan drivers (mesa-vulkan-drivers) and a dedicated va package (mesa-va-drivers). I added it to the mesa package. Enjoy!

Comment

• Hi, Approximately a couple of weeks ago, the driver stopped working correctly. In the game Worldofwarcraft and Worddoftanks watch bands (colored)
          I believed that the problem with me and performed the reinstallation of the system. Re-used your repository, but the problem did not resolve

cat /etc/issue.net
          Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

uname -a
          Linux IdeaPad 4.8.0-52-generic #55~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 28 14:36:29 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

glxinfo | grep 'OpenGL version string' | grep Mesa
          OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.2.0-devel

lspci | grep -E "VGA|3D"
          00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Trinity [Radeon HD 7640G]

https://youtu.be/C7Jdu5dNdxc

Comment

• Hi, I've been using your repository for a very long time and a couple of weeks ago there was a problem (see the video, the bands are colored). In my opinion, there was an update. I can not play now.

lspci | grep -E "VGA|3D"
            00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Trinity [Radeon HD 7640G]

glxinfo | grep 'OpenGL version string' | grep Mesa OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.2.0-devel

cat /etc/issue.net
            Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

uname -a
            Linux IdeaPad 4.8.0-52-generic #55~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 28 14:36:29 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

• Hi, I've been using your repository for a very long time and a couple of weeks ago there was a problem (see the video, the bands are colored). In my opinion, there was an update. I can not play now.

lspci | grep -E "VGA|3D"

glxinfo | grep 'OpenGL version string' | grep Mesa OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.2.0-devel

cat /etc/issue.net
              Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

uname -a

Comment

• error 500

Comment

• With the latest update (June 20) Im not able to use Unity 3d anymore

Comment

• The new amdgpu.ids file is missing from the libdrm-amdgpu1 package.
                    https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm/tree/data

It should install to /usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids

Now you have these error messages.
                    glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                    /usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory
                    amdgpu_device_initialize: Cannot parse ASIC IDs, 0xffffffea.OpenGL vendor string: X.Org

Correct output after creating the amdgpu.ids file:
                    glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                    OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 460 Graphics (AMD POLARIS11 / DRM 3.17.0 / 4.12.0-rc5+, LLVM 4.0.1)
                    Last edited by debianxfce; 07-04-2017, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Thanks, it should be fixed now!

Comment

Working...
                      X