Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oibaf
    replied
    News: from version mesa_21.3~git2107151420.8351ad the i915 classic driver is now replaced by the gallium version. Don't know how much it is working, please test and report any issue at: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/new (Labels: i915g)

Leave a comment:

• HyperDrive
    replied
    I know. The problem is both drivers have the same name (i915), which is downright silly. Oh, well…

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    News: starting from today build (mesa 21.2~git2107090600.d67712~oibaf~i), I made gallium crocus the default driver over the previous classic i965.
    If you find some issue make sure to report it at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/new
    Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    News: panfrost Vulkan driver panvk is now enabled!

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by HyperDrive View Post

I understand. It's been definitely seeing a lot of activity lately (with the push for moving the world to Gallium3D), hence why I'd like to give it a spin. It would be really nice if it could be built alongside the classic i915, it order to give it more exposure (I personally have, from the top of my head, at least three systems where I can test it).
    It cannot: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...son.build#n295

Leave a comment:

• HyperDrive
    replied
    Originally posted by oibaf View Post

i915g is not enabled in my PPA. I disabled it years ago because it was broken, see: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/669

It got some fixes lately, but I don't know if it can be enabled along i915, IIRC you had to choose i915 or i915g at build time...
    I understand. It's been definitely seeing a lot of activity lately (with the push for moving the world to Gallium3D), hence why I'd like to give it a spin. It would be really nice if it could be built alongside the classic i915, it order to give it more exposure (I personally have, from the top of my head, at least three systems where I can test it).

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by HyperDrive View Post
    oibaf, pardon me if this is a silly question, but how do I override the i915 default driver in order to test i915g? I haven't tried anything yet, but I thought I'd simply have to export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i915g. I don't see a megadriver hardlink in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri (I expected to find an i915g_dri.so), which made me wonder if the i915g driver is actually being built. However, looking at the meson.build, it seems the name of the Gallium driver is also i915. Confused.
    i915g is not enabled in my PPA. I disabled it years ago because it was broken, see: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/669

It got some fixes lately, but I don't know if it can be enabled along i915, IIRC you had to choose i915 or i915g at build time...

Leave a comment:

• HyperDrive
    replied
    oibaf, pardon me if this is a silly question, but how do I override the i915 default driver in order to test i915g? I haven't tried anything yet, but I thought I'd simply have to export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i915g. I don't see a megadriver hardlink in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri (I expected to find an i915g_dri.so), which made me wonder if the i915g driver is actually being built. However, looking at the meson.build, it seems the name of the Gallium driver is also i915. Confused.

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by cqcallaw View Post
    Hi oibaf, thanks for maintaining this PPA! I use it frequently and with great effect.

Are the Vulkan layers intentionally disabled in the PPA? The layer build flags seem malformed; I don't know if that's intentional or not. I didn't see anything relevant in a forum search. The following changes allow me to build and package the layers locally:

Code:
    If there's no technical limitation here, it'd be great to see these layers re-enabled. The FPS logging capabilities of the overlay layer are particularly useful.
    Thanks for the hint, it should be properly fixed now.

Leave a comment:

• cqcallaw
    replied
    Hi oibaf, thanks for maintaining this PPA! I use it frequently and with great effect.

Are the Vulkan layers intentionally disabled in the PPA? The layer build flags seem malformed; I don't know if that's intentional or not. I didn't see anything relevant in a forum search. The following changes allow me to build and package the layers locally:

Code:
    $ diff -r mesa-orig/mesa-21.2~git2105140600.d1e30c~oibaf~g/debian/mesa-vulkan-drivers.install mesa-mod/mesa-21.2~git2105140600.d1e30c~oibaf~g/debian/mesa-vulkan-drivers.install
    1,2c1,2
    < #usr/bin/mesa-overlay-control.py
    < #usr/share/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/*.json
    ---
    > usr/bin/mesa-overlay-control.py
    > usr/share/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/*.json
    4c4
    < #usr/share/vulkan/implicit_layer.d/*.json
    ---
    > usr/share/vulkan/implicit_layer.d/*.json
    6,7c6,7
    < #usr/lib/*/libVkLayer_MESA_device_select.so
    < #usr/lib/*/libVkLayer_MESA_overlay.so
    ---
    > usr/lib/*/libVkLayer_MESA_device_select.so
    > usr/lib/*/libVkLayer_MESA_overlay.so
    diff -r mesa-orig/mesa-21.2~git2105140600.d1e30c~oibaf~g/debian/rules mesa-mod/mesa-21.2~git2105140600.d1e30c~oibaf~g/debian/rules
    137c137
    <       confflags_VULKAN += -Dvulkan-device-select-layer=true
    ---
    > #     confflags_VULKAN += -Dvulkan-device-select-layer=true
    139c139
    <       confflags_VULKAN += -Dvulkan-overlays="['device-select','intel-nullhw','overlay']"
    ---
    >       confflags_VULKAN += -Dvulkan-layers=device-select,intel-nullhw,overlay
    If there's no technical limitation here, it'd be great to see these layers re-enabled. The FPS logging capabilities of the overlay layer are particularly useful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X