Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nadro View Post
    Ruediix
    I also have this problem. I tested both Padoka and Oibaf PPAs but my PC won't boot.

My system:
    Ubuntu 18.04
    Ryzen 1600X
    16GB RAM
    Radeon RX580
    For me I could just switch VTs over to the console VT, log in there, and PPA-Purge there.
    I wish Ubuntu would add a menu based repository to the rescue menu as well as a way to access the rescue menu from the command prompt. It would make life easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melcar View Post
      I have been reading that both oibaf and padoka are causing issues on the latest Ubuntus. I think it's due to a change in packaging policies or mismatched dependencies. Should be ironed out in a few days I guess.
      I figured that was the case. Hopefully it can get sorted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        I made some fixes, can you try it again?
        I can confirm that after manually installing libwayland-egl1 (libwayland-egl1-mesa was forced to be removed) and update other packages all works fine. Thanks all involved for help.

Comment

• Next month Ubuntu 17.10/artful will be End Of Life, so I'll drop support for it. If you are still using it consider upgrading ASAP: make sure to purge the PPA, upgrade to 18.04/bionic and add again the PPA.

Also I'll stop supporting 16.04/xenial once upgrade to 18.04/bionic are enabled, August or so.

Comment

• I installed this PPA on Linux Mint 19 and I can't boot into Cinnamon. Had to ppa-purge to get back functionality. Is this PPA broken for weeks now?

Comment

• Originally posted by nadro View Post

I can confirm that after manually installing libwayland-egl1 (libwayland-egl1-mesa was forced to be removed) and update other packages all works fine. Thanks all involved for help.
              Is that a good thing? I did this and it also removed PCSX2, but when I reinstalled PCSX2 it would reinstall those files but remove libwayland-egl1. So essentially I can't use these drivers with PCSX2?

BTW the files removed are " libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libwayland-egl1-mesa libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386 pcsx2:i386".
              Last edited by Dukenukemx; 07-02-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                Is that a good thing? I did this and it also removed PCSX2, but when I reinstalled PCSX2 it would reinstall those files but remove libwayland-egl1. So essentially I can't use these drivers with PCSX2?

BTW the files removed are " libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libwayland-egl1-mesa libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386 pcsx2:i386".
                Due to packaging changes you may need to install libwayland-egl1-mesa and libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386 manually.

Comment

• I tried to install libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386 and libwayland-egl1-mesa and this is what it tries to do. I didn't continue cause I don't know what'll happen if it removes libwayland-egl1.
                  Code:
                  Reading package lists... Done
                  Building dependency tree       
                  Reading state information... Done
                  The following additional packages will be installed:
                    libwayland-egl1-mesa retroarch
                  The following packages will be REMOVED:
                    libwayland-egl1
                  The following NEW packages will be installed:
                    libwayland-egl1-mesa libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386
                  The following packages will be upgraded:
                    retroarch
                  1 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 1 to remove and 37 not upgraded.
                  Need to get 2,325 kB/2,428 kB of archives.
                  After this operation, 115 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                  Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
                  Abort.

Comment

Working...
                  X