• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Was 14.04 dropped as well?
    Yes, as I said in my previous comments.

Comment

• Currently on chromium: about:gpu

Mesa drivers in Linux handle varyings without static use incorrectly: 333885
      Applied Workarounds: count_all_in_varyings_packing

Linux AMD drivers incorrectly return initial value of 1 for TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY: 348237
      Applied Workarounds: init_texture_max_anisotropy

Disable partial swaps on linux drivers: 339493
      Applied Workarounds: disable_post_sub_buffers_for_onscreen_surfaces

Always rewrite vec/mat constructors to be consistent: 398694
      Applied Workarounds: scalarize_vec_and_mat_constructor_args

Linux AMD drivers handle struct scopes incorrectly: 403957
      Applied Workarounds: regenerate_struct_names

Linux ATI drivers crash on binding incomplete cube map texture to FBO: 518889
      Applied Workarounds: force_cube_map_positive_x_allocation

Native GpuMemoryBuffers have been disabled, either via about:flags or command line.
      Disabled Features: native_gpu_memory_buffers

GPU0 VENDOR = 0x1002, DEVICE= 0x9515
      Optimus false
      AMD switchable false
      Driver vendor Mesa
      Driver version 11.2.0
      Driver date
      Pixel shader version 1.30
      Vertex shader version 1.30
      Max. MSAA samples 8
      Machine model name
      Machine model version
      GL_VENDOR X.Org
      GL_RENDERER Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV670 (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
      GL_VERSION 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0

Data exported 18/7/2016, 12:29:32
      Chrome version Chrome/51.0.2704.79
      Operating system Linux 4.4.0-31-generic
      Software rendering list version 10.18
      Driver bug list version 8.66
      ANGLE commit id unknown hash
      2D graphics backend Skia
      Command Line Args --enable-pinch --window-depth=24 --flag-switches-begin --enable-display-list-2d-canvas --enable-gpu-rasterization --enable-tab-audio-muting --enable-zero-copy --num-raster-threads=4 --enable-overlay-scrollbar --flag-switches-end
      Last edited by Azrael5; 07-18-2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• What's the highest OpenGL I can get with a Radeon HD 6850? Right now it's 3.3 by using "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT". Some games are starting to require OpenGL 4.0 and I'm not sure if this card will ever see support for it. I might have to grab something like a RX 460.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          What's the highest OpenGL I can get with a Radeon HD 6850? Right now it's 3.3 by using "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT". Some games are starting to require OpenGL 4.0 and I'm not sure if this card will ever see support for it. I might have to grab something like a RX 460.
          Latest upstream drivers include 4.1 support, but you're limited to 3.3 without over-ride for now because your HW does not include native fp64 HW support. As long as you are running quite recent drivers you should be able to over-ride to 4.1 now.

https://mesamatrix.net/

Comment

• Auto-moderated again... what I said in previous post was that you should be able to over-ride up to 4.1 with recent upstream drivers.

Note that mesa drivers only support core profiles, not compatibility mode, so don't force compatibility over-rides unless you are sure the app "requests but doesn't actually need" compatibility support (mixing deprecated features with new features).

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Auto-moderated again... what I said in previous post was that you should be able to over-ride up to 4.1 with recent upstream drivers.

Note that mesa drivers only support core profiles, not compatibility mode, so don't force compatibility over-rides unless you are sure the app "requests but doesn't actually need" compatibility support (mixing deprecated features with new features).
              what do u mean for core profile? when I search for devices opengl capabilities I get core 3.3 but opengl profle stay at 3.0

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Auto-moderated again... what I said in previous post was that you should be able to over-ride up to 4.1 with recent upstream drivers.

What do you mean for core profile? when I search for vga capabilities I get core profile 3.3 but opengl profile stay at 3.0. So what value I have to consider?

Comment

• What do you mean for core profile? when I search for vga capabilities I get core profile 3.3 but opengl profile stay at 3.0. So what value I have to consider?

Comment

• Anyone trying to use ppa-purge to remove this PPA on Mint will find it doesn't work unless you add -d <name of distro>. Works good on Mint 18. If you plan to upgrade to Mint 18 from 17, just use trusty instead of xenial before you do the upgrade.
                    Code:
                    sudo ppa-purge -d xenial ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers

Comment

• I tried the driver in a AMD "Kaveri" APU computer, but doesnt work I get a black screen while playing games with OpenGL, anyone knows how to fix this?

Comment

Working...
                      X