Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was 14.04 dropped as well?

Comment

• Hi oibaf, thank you for the graphics driver, working great on my Surface Pro 4 i5. I know this may not be the place for this but I am using Peter Hunt's kernel and I noticed as of late, the cover type keyboard stops responding if it is remove or system goes to suspend... Do you know of any fix or workaround for this issue? Do you know what forum I can discuss this issue on? This was working fine a few kernel update revisions ago.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Was 14.04 dropped as well?
        Yes, as I said in my previous comments.

Comment

• Currently on chromium: about:gpu

Mesa drivers in Linux handle varyings without static use incorrectly: 333885
          Applied Workarounds: count_all_in_varyings_packing

Linux AMD drivers incorrectly return initial value of 1 for TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY: 348237
          Applied Workarounds: init_texture_max_anisotropy

Disable partial swaps on linux drivers: 339493
          Applied Workarounds: disable_post_sub_buffers_for_onscreen_surfaces

Always rewrite vec/mat constructors to be consistent: 398694
          Applied Workarounds: scalarize_vec_and_mat_constructor_args

Linux AMD drivers handle struct scopes incorrectly: 403957
          Applied Workarounds: regenerate_struct_names

Linux ATI drivers crash on binding incomplete cube map texture to FBO: 518889
          Applied Workarounds: force_cube_map_positive_x_allocation

Native GpuMemoryBuffers have been disabled, either via about:flags or command line.
          Disabled Features: native_gpu_memory_buffers

GPU0 VENDOR = 0x1002, DEVICE= 0x9515
          Optimus false
          AMD switchable false
          Driver vendor Mesa
          Driver version 11.2.0
          Driver date
          Pixel shader version 1.30
          Vertex shader version 1.30
          Max. MSAA samples 8
          Machine model name
          Machine model version
          GL_VENDOR X.Org
          GL_RENDERER Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV670 (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
          GL_VERSION 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0

Data exported 18/7/2016, 12:29:32
          Chrome version Chrome/51.0.2704.79
          Operating system Linux 4.4.0-31-generic
          Software rendering list version 10.18
          Driver bug list version 8.66
          ANGLE commit id unknown hash
          2D graphics backend Skia
          Command Line Args --enable-pinch --window-depth=24 --flag-switches-begin --enable-display-list-2d-canvas --enable-gpu-rasterization --enable-tab-audio-muting --enable-zero-copy --num-raster-threads=4 --enable-overlay-scrollbar --flag-switches-end
          Last edited by Azrael5; 18 July 2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• What's the highest OpenGL I can get with a Radeon HD 6850? Right now it's 3.3 by using "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT". Some games are starting to require OpenGL 4.0 and I'm not sure if this card will ever see support for it. I might have to grab something like a RX 460.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              What's the highest OpenGL I can get with a Radeon HD 6850? Right now it's 3.3 by using "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT". Some games are starting to require OpenGL 4.0 and I'm not sure if this card will ever see support for it. I might have to grab something like a RX 460.
              Latest upstream drivers include 4.1 support, but you're limited to 3.3 without over-ride for now because your HW does not include native fp64 HW support. As long as you are running quite recent drivers you should be able to over-ride to 4.1 now.

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.
              Test signature

Comment

• Auto-moderated again... what I said in previous post was that you should be able to over-ride up to 4.1 with recent upstream drivers.

Note that mesa drivers only support core profiles, not compatibility mode, so don't force compatibility over-rides unless you are sure the app "requests but doesn't actually need" compatibility support (mixing deprecated features with new features).
                Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  Auto-moderated again... what I said in previous post was that you should be able to over-ride up to 4.1 with recent upstream drivers.

Note that mesa drivers only support core profiles, not compatibility mode, so don't force compatibility over-rides unless you are sure the app "requests but doesn't actually need" compatibility support (mixing deprecated features with new features).
                  what do u mean for core profile? when I search for devices opengl capabilities I get core 3.3 but opengl profle stay at 3.0

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Auto-moderated again... what I said in previous post was that you should be able to over-ride up to 4.1 with recent upstream drivers.

What do you mean for core profile? when I search for vga capabilities I get core profile 3.3 but opengl profile stay at 3.0. So what value I have to consider?

Comment

• What do you mean for core profile? when I search for vga capabilities I get core profile 3.3 but opengl profile stay at 3.0. So what value I have to consider?

Comment

Working...
                      X