No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no OpenCL currently and I don't plan it soon, unless someone sponsor it .

Comment

• OpenCL is far from usable in the current stage.

Comment

• oibaf, think you can add glxinfo (in mesa demos) to create core contexts to this PPA?
        That would be pretty handy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
          oibaf, think you can add glxinfo (in mesa demos) to create core contexts to this PPA?
          That would be pretty handy.
          I backported it already in raring (and there is by default in saucy), the package doesn't build on older Ubuntu IIRC, which I'll drop soon anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            I backported it already in raring (and there is by default in saucy), the package doesn't build on older Ubuntu IIRC, which I'll drop soon anyway.
            Ah, okay. Hope you won't drop 12.10 from this PPA, because that's what I'm using :b

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
              Ah, okay. Hope you won't drop 12.10 from this PPA, because that's what I'm using :b
              Why are you still using it? It's not even a LTS release, you should upgrade .

Comment

Yeah I should upgrade sometime, but not ready just yet. I'm not really in a hurry to upgrade because 12.10 still has support 'til April 2014 iirc.

Comment

12.04 is LTS, so you can downgrade.

Comment

• vdpau issues

Hello!

I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 with Radeon HD 4650 AGP video card, and i'm having issues with VDPAU. I installed every neccessary package from oibaf's PPA, and the VDPAU playback is working in mplayer, but occasionally i get artifacts and flickering, if i set it to fullscreen, the artifacts are more frequent. I'm experiencing the same with youtube videos with accelerated decoding. I tried multiple kernels, 3.11.0, 3.11.6 3.12-rc6, now 3.12-rc7 but no difference.

Any ideas?
                    Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                      OpenCL is far from usable in the current stage.
                      ah alright. I take your word. Will have to install fglrx now .. will sideload another partition for opencl with ubuntu 12.04 and 13.11...

Btw, why is it that chrome doesnt use hw acceleration with radeon driver?? I thought it would be perfectly stable by now with radeon hw accel.

Comment

Working...
                      X