OpenBLAS Deciding Whether To Drop Support For Russia's Elbrus CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coder View Post
    First, you can't just call everything you dislike "Nazi" and expect people to believe you. You have to actually make a compelling case that supports that allegation.

As for the US giving orders that others must obey, it's not so. For instance, look at the dwindling participation in the Afghanistan war. Countries were obviously able to decide for themselves whether and how many troops to commit.
    When I observe Nazi ideology, I call it with a proper name. You are free to believe any fairytale you wish.

UN General Assembly thing is already covered..., read the topic, sports as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
      "I guess if Russia keeps on shelling nuclear power plants then that will quickly change"
      It's just absurd. Russia itself would suffer from this. With the same success, you can set fire to a barrel of gunpowder on which you sit. You are talking complete nonsense! This is a dirty bomb that could cover all of Europe and Russia.
      If you wouldn't watch only censored Russian State media, then you could see this absurd situation for yourself. It's so bad the International Atomic Energy Agency had to issue a statement on the matter. This is their actual website - not a western news outlet, so you can't claim it's biased.

Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
      This is a provocation by the Ukrainian corrupt authorities in order to further ignite the war and draw the whole of Europe into it. The authorities of Ukraine have nothing to lose, they understand that they will die for the theft and genocide of their citizens. They also hide behind civilians in cities.
      That doesn't make any sense, if you think about it. The problem with creating another, bigger Chernobyl is that it's a lose-lose proposition. You risk doing serious harm to your country and its people, which will persist even if it were successful in bringing western European countries into the war.

Plus, it's cold and people need electricity to survive. So, there's immediate harm to Ukrainians from damaging the plant.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
        nobody is dropping reiserfs from the kernel because of what its dev did. they do it because it's practically unmaintained.
        And why is it unmaintained? Oh, that's because nobody much used it, after it came to light that it was developed by a convicted murderer.

And that doesn't even make much sense. It's not as if you're somehow supporting murderers by using Reiser FS.

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
          As for the US giving orders that others must obey, it's not so. For instance, look at the dwindling participation in the Afghanistan war. Countries were obviously able to decide for themselves whether and how many troops to commit.
          The most obvious example of this is Germany. US wanted Germany to go into Iraq and Germany (rightfully so) said fuk off and the Germans did not go there.

Did the Americans not like it? Yes. Was there any massive repercussions? Not really.
          Last edited by mdedetrich; 05 March 2022, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leipero View Post

When I observe Nazi ideology, I call it with a proper name. You are free to believe any fairytale you wish.

UN General Assembly thing is already covered..., read the topic, sports as well.
            The only person that is a Nazi is Putin, because he is literally acting like one. And by literally I mean he is using the exact arguments, justifications and tactics that Hitler did when Germany started invading neighbouring territory in WW2.
            Last edited by mdedetrich; 05 March 2022, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
              Are you saying that the US does not test its weapons on its territory?
              Not since 1972, which was 50 years ago.

Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
              Nobody threatened you.
              Putin moved Russia's nuclear forces to high-alert.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

The only person that is a Nazi is Putin, because he is literally acting like one. And by literally I mean he is using the exact arguments, justifications and tactics that Hitler did when Germany started invading neighbouring territory in WW2.
                Not only that you don't understand curent events, you don't know history either, as I said, not going to waste my time.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

You do understand that Russian Federation being multi-ethic country make it impossible to actually declare Putin a Nazi? I mean there are 193 ethic groups in Russian Federation, they are not all Russian, that is more than there are countries in EU. So Putin can be Authoritarian - sure, dictator - may be. But Nazi or Facsist he is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by leipero View Post

Not only that you don't understand curent events, you don't know history either, as I said, not going to waste my time.
                    Pro tip: Watch what Hitler said when he was invading nearby countries. Replace every instance of the word "Germany" with "Russia" and "German speaking" with "Russian speaking".

Result?

They are saying the same thing 1 to 1.

And yes I do know the history well, as well as the current events. The point is that its irrelevant, nothing justifies what he is doing and thats why almost everyone in the entire world doesn't agree with what he is doing. The only people supporting him appear to be serbs that are salty at NATO for ending genocide/ethnic cleansing in a forceful manner and the other authoritarian dictatorships.

I will say it before and I will say it again, Putin/Russia is on the wrong side of history which given the history of Russia is nothing new, he will just become a modern version Stalin.

Comment

• Originally posted by blacknova View Post

You do understand that Russian Federation being multi-ethic country make it impossible to actually declare Putin a Nazi? I mean there are 193 ethic groups in Russian Federation, they are not all Russian, that is more than there are countries in EU. So Putin can be Authoritarian - sure, dictator - may be. But Nazi or Facsist he is not.
                      You would have a point if Chechnya didn't happen.

And yes its true that Russia is "multi-ethnic" but that is also misleading because its one of the most segregated places in the world. What that means is that the people living in the ethnic areas pretty much stay there and there is very little inter-mixing between the ethnicities.

This in stark contrast to other truly multicultural countries like Australia, Canada or USA (albeit they are not doing so well)
                      Last edited by mdedetrich; 05 March 2022, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X