Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenBLAS Deciding Whether To Drop Support For Russia's Elbrus CPUs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We are at war with Eastasia.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by leipero View Post

      So what? I don't know what you (not you personally) are trying to say when some talk-show host says something in clearly defensive way (in context). Meanwhile, US senators are calling for assasination of Putin, if you manage to find one Russian highly ranked official say anything even remotely close to that you will find a unicorn.

      Again, order is "action -> reaction" not other way around.
      That hole you are digging must be pretty big right now, you just got caught out being incorrect at least own up to it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by leipero View Post

        Afain, it seems I was unclear to you, US+EU=/=whole_world(tm)..., over 3/4 of the world doesn't really go against what Russia does, Putin or not, it doesn't matter, every sane Russian president would do the same if in this situation. The comparison to Nazis is actually quite accurate, calling Putin a Nazi is, well..., as for agents, well, I never thought of you as an agent or others with an opinion on the topic but lack of knowledge to have an opinion.

        It doesn't really matter if they support or not, what matters is that sport should not be involved in politics, it clearly is (and I knew that since forever obviously, not a news).

        What is clear to me now is that significant change needs to be done in sports organizations, I personally couldn't care less for sport, but there are people who do care. Doping "scandal" is a story for itself, no need for needlesly widening.
        I'm still not sure what you mean but in the recent UN vote 73% of countries voted to condemn the Russian invasion, and 18% abstained for various political reasons. Only Russia, Belarus, Eritrea, North Korea and Syria voted against. So I'd say there is not a lot of support for Russia's war.

        Now I agree it would be nice to keep sports and politics separate, but the reality is that has never been possible. Just hosting the Olympics is huge political statement. Sports successes are always talked about in a very nationalistic way. The Olympics coverage even has scoreboards showing which countries win the most medals! And the doping thing is quite relevant since that was a known issue since Soviet Union times and directly related to the political goal of showing everybody who is the better country with the better ideology. The Eurovision festival is also overly nationalistic and political (most vote for their friends irrespectively of the actual performance).

        Now if everybody participated individually rather than representing their country then maybe sport might become less political over time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

          That hole you are digging must be pretty big right now, you just got caught out being incorrect at least own up to it.
          In this case, you must cite sources confirming your words. As long as you wishful thinking.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post

            I will quote again for you!

            Looks its obvious you are Russian and getting all of the news from Russia so there is no point in going through what you are said because its all government style Goebbels propaganda. Since you are from there you should know that right now that Russina media (such as TV rain) are closing themselves because they refuse to report lies. This is the exact same thing that happened before USSR fell in Russia. In any case, two points remain

            1. There is no justification whatsoever for invading another country. Even if Ukrain is full of Nazi's (kinda ironic since Putin is acting like Hitler right now he is also using the exact same justification that the Germans did in invading other countries, pretty much following German nationalistic handbook to a toe), thats not a reason. We are in the 21st situation, not in the middle ages. The fact that almost every single other country in the world condemned Russia for what they are doing demonstrates that even if you take Russia's reasons at face value and believe them, its a shit reason and its not convincing anyone.
            2. Russia will ultimately fail just like they did in Afghanistan, except it will be much worse. Russia's only saving grace is if there is a revolt that causes Putin's fall, or he gets killed like many failed Russian tzar's in history.

            Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post

            In this case, you must cite sources confirming your words. As long as you wishful thinking.
            I just did, are you blind?
            Last edited by mdedetrich; 04 March 2022, 06:51 AM.

            Comment


            • I do not understand why some of you assume that Russian authoritarian government cares about their own people (regarding nuclear plant or nuclear war). History shows that Russian dictators not only made irrational and harmful decisions for their own country, but also performed a full blown genocide against it in Stalin days. Putin would most certainly kill his own citizens to achieve his goals.

              The faster Putin is killed and replaced by some more sane Russian billionaire with business mentality, the sooner this madness ends.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post

                After European and Western politicians that started talking about a nuclear war and an attack on Russia. You are confusing cause and effect relationships.
                Nobody talked about attacking Russia or starting a nuclear war. Only Russia has been talking up their nuclear power in recent months, talking about nuclear torpedos, hypersonic missiles and actually doing test fires before raising the nuclear alert for no reason. The West has consistently downplayed the nuclear bluster.

                Sometimes I wonder what reality people live in... Putin's lies or the real world.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
                  Looks its obvious you are Russian and getting all of the news from Russia so there is no point in going through what you are said because its all government style Goebbels propaganda. Since you are from there you should know that right now that Russina media (such as TV rain) are closing themselves because they refuse to report lies. This is the exact same thing that happened before USSR fell in Russia. In any case, two points remain
                  I practically do not watch our media. But I often watch Ukrainian ones, they often speak Russian and their language is similar to ours. Just as I, as a resident of Russia, know our laws. No one forbids us to speak Ukrainian, and no one infringes on the rights of Ukrainians. I repeat once again in our country for inciting hatred on a national basis, a prison! You can easily find our laws on the Internet!

                  Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
                  Russia will ultimately fail just like they did in Afghanistan, except it will be much worse. Russia's only saving grace is if there is a revolt that causes Putin's fall, or he gets killed like many failed Russian tzar's in history.
                  As long as you wishful thinking. You probably wanted to write about the shameful flight of the United States from Afghanistan. You will never understand the Russians, our country has repeatedly become a victim of interethnic conflicts. Therefore, everyone understands what this can lead to, and everyone supports our president. Your propaganda is deceiving you. I repeat once again in our country for inciting hatred on a national basis, a prison!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PerformanceExpert View Post

                    Sometimes I wonder what reality people live in... Putin's lies or the real world.
                    Unless Russians go out of their way and use a VPN to try and get independent news abroad, all media shown (especially as of now) is controlled Roskomnadzor so basically their press freedom is on the levels of China/North Korea.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
                      I practically do not watch our media. But I often watch Ukrainian ones, they often speak Russian and their language is similar to ours. Just as I, as a resident of Russia, know our laws. No one forbids us to speak Ukrainian, and no one infringes on the rights of Ukrainians. I repeat once again in our country for inciting hatred on a national basis, a prison! You can easily find our laws on the Internet!
                      So? You think this is justification for invading a country?

                      Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
                      As long as you wishful thinking. You probably wanted to write about the shameful flight of the United States from Afghanistan. You will never understand the Russians, our country has repeatedly become a victim of interethnic conflicts. Therefore, everyone understands what this can lead to, and everyone supports our president. Your propaganda is deceiving you. I repeat once again in our country for inciting hatred on a national basis, a prison!
                      Actually I understand Russian's very well, that tends to happen when your country is invaded by imperialist USSR

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X